This 2-day course has been shaped to combine robust clinical reasoning with effective methods of assessment, treatment, and functional rehabilitation of the whole Upper Limb; Hand, Wrist, Elbow and Shoulder.
The tutor has a strong background in the management of these areas and will present a course that will allow clinicians to enhance their existing knowledge and impact positively in their respective practice. The content is constantly updated with new evidence-based practice from clinical experience and current research.
To date the content delivered by the tutor has been positively received by physiotherapists, occupational therapists, sports therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, doctors, and other allied professionals.
Whether you are working in a private clinic, hospital setting, ministry of defence (MOD), or sporting environment you will surely find this to be immediately applicable to your role. These two days will engage your learning in an interactive and fun environment!
• Functional and simplified overview of the applied anatomy and mechanics of the Upper Limb
• Assessment and Management approaches for the Upper Limb.
• Kinetic Chain considerations for both assessment and management approaches.
• Clinical reasoning for treatment and rehabilitation progression, with inclusion of real case studies
• Use of objective measures for Upper Limb to enhance return to sport & performance.
• Introduction & Goal Setting for the Upper Limb
• Relevant Mechanics & Clinical Measures of the Hand & Wrist
• Understanding & Assessing Pathologies of the Hand & Wrist – Part I
• Understanding & Assessing Pathologies of the Hand & Wrist – Part II
• Sport Pathologies of the Elbow
• Mechanics & Clinical Assessment of the Elbow
• Reflection & Round Table Discussion
• Sport Pathologies of the Shoulder
• Assessment & Clinical Measures of the Shoulder
• Exercise Therapy of the Upper Limb
• Designing a Rehabilitation Programme
• Hands-On considerations for the Upper Limb
• Summary of both days / Q&As