Patellofemoral pain (PFP) is such a common complaint. From sedentary to athletic populations, the origins vary; diagnosis & rehabilitation can be difficult to nail. The international authority on the PFJ, Claire Robertson will help you navigate through the maze of fat pad pain, patellofemoral OA and more.
Then what to do about rehabilitation?
Focus on hypertrophy or strength? Endurance or proprioception? How do you account for symptoms without compromising your training load? Internationally-renowned for rehab and conditioning, Dr Claire Minshull will teach you how to construct the most effective and simple rehab plans that align with your patients’ goals, and that help reduce reinjury.
- Evaluation of the different biomechanical effects of proximal & quadriceps training
- Assessment & treatment of physical and psychological barriers to rehabilitation including pain, fear and crepitus
- Delivering the fundamentals of strength & conditioning for targeted exercise design for the PFP patient
- Exercise design & adaptation to account for patient symptoms (without lowering the load!)
- Understanding and mitigating the effects of fatigue on PFP & how to train fatigue resistance
- Developing really effective PFP treatment plans for all patients independent of their prior exercise experience